The mission of the Richmond Technical Center Professional School Counseling program is to promote academic excellence and career and technical opportunities while preparing our students to enter into the workforce and continue to be competitive in their chosen field. We empower all of our students to reach their highest potential in their profession so that they will remain viable within the global workforce.
Richmond Technical Center Professional School Counseling program seeks to inspire all of its students to become an Entrepreneur and be their own boss. Our young people are the future and we are ensuring that they will soar into the workforce with endless possibilities.
Professional School Counselors are certified educators trained in school counseling and educational issues. Through appropriate and effective academic, career, and personal-social programs, all students can be successful.
Program Goals and Objectives
The goal of the Professional School Counseling program is to facilitate student development in the areas of Academic Development, Career Development, and Personal/Social Development. Specific goals include:
- Provide a program based on intellectual, social, emotional and physical development
- Create an environment conducive to learning and mutual respect among all members of the school community
- Enhance student achievement to reach requirements for high school graduation and post- secondary success
- Demonstrate a commitment to the belief that all children can learn
- Provide our students with opportunities to explore their own potentialities
- Assist our students to grow academically, develop socially, make appropriate choices, and accept responsibility for their decisions
- Provide activities necessary for development of marketable skills and a rich cultural citizenship for every student
- Assist our student in planning for educational and vocational choices.
- Collaborate and partner with educational stakeholders to increase the academic, personal/social and career development in all students.
Please click link below to read more information regarding School Counseling Opt-Out of Services. Flyer has an internal link to complete the School Counseling Opt-Out form. If you have any questions, please contact Counselor Karla Taylor.